Monday 7 March 2016

RED CARPET: Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards 2016 Best Dressed

The 4th edition of the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards 2016 took place at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos in Nigeria on Saturday night. Africa’s biggest movie stars stars came out to support the event which awards the best of the industry each year. It was sad though to notice that the fashion presented on the red carpet was a bit underwhelming. There was a lot of shimmer and chiffon that might have looked tacky while some gentlemen seemed to have still been stuck in the old 'color blocking era'. However, there were a few that got it right and rocked the ceremony in absolute style.

Here are my best looks from the AMVCA 2016 red carpet:



South African presenter and AMVCA 2016 host, Minnie Dlamini wore this beautiful white ensemble. I loved the off the shoulder sleeves which revealed her bust in a sexy yet classy manner. The slit was also a nice touch to show off those toned legs. It was all a lot of skin to show but it didn't feel as though it was too much. Her crystal jewelry gave her a princess look and added to the glam' while her black nails created a strong and beautiful contrast. The long tail was also my favorite detail on the dress. I am not a great fan of the shoes but I appreciate how she went for something minimal due to everything going on already with the dress. She looked absolutely gorgeous!



This pink gown was quite pretty. The cut out at the bust area really accentuated her boobs while it pulled her in at the waist and the peplum emphasised her hips, giving her an hour glass look. I like the floor length though I would have loved it even more if it flowed to the ground instead of having the cone-like shape. Then she wouldn't have looked like some sort of vase. Her dress has a lot of detail and going minimum on the face with not much accessories was a great call.



This look right here is the definition of royalty. From the royal blue color to the silver top. The floral pattern on the top reminded me of ancient British. It was quite a conservative look yet it kept to the modern theme. The hairstyle would have been nice for a real royal queen, but I would have preferred a softer and straight do for Anna Ebiere. The purse was also a bit tacky and looked cheap. Something velvety in black with crystals would have been perfect.



She looks like absolute sunrise in this gown. I am usually a great fan of form fitting dresses, but the color on this ensemble was just too beautiful. I also love the material and the detail at the chest area added a nice flare of glamour. I loved that it flowed all the way to the floor and the gold accessories were like that final royal stamp to the entire look. She looked like a 21st century gladiator queen!

h

Yes, the only male look on my list. Firstly, I appreciate any man that will not go with the usual black suit and white shirt for the red carpet. However, you do jot want to look like a walking MTN or Vidacom billboard with those yellows and reds gentlemen. He got it right with this ensemble. I loved the pattern. I loved the colour. I didn't like the tie though. I feel like he could have gone with one that was the same shade as his pants. The belt would have still done a great job of bringing in a nice pop of color. Otherwise, he looked dapper and trendy; and we loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment