Monday 21 March 2016

RED CARPET: SAFTAS 2016 Best Dressed

The 10th Annual SAFTAS definitely saw more activity on the red carpet compared to previous years, but the fashion was on an all time low of the entire awards season. I was disappointed by the large numbers of casual looks (some people looked like the were there for a friend's house party) and the church outfits. I also did not like the short dresses. The SAFTAS are the equivalent of the Oscars in South Africa and this sub par fashion standard on the red carpet should not be acceptable. We need more designer, more style, and definitely more red carpet culture.

However, there were a few that managed to get it right and here are my best looks from the SAFTAS 2016 red carpet:



I love love love this dress!!! Entertainment writer/blogger Lelo B totally nailed it out of the park with this one. I love the color, I love the design, I love the way it fits on her body. It is fun, chic and classy. I also like how it is a modern classic yet still eccentric design. It's not very often that we see such style on African red carpet, and I was happy to see this!



It may not be the dress she had on for red carpet arrival, bit this was my favorite look by the Queen B. I love the ball gown design of the dress; and ladies & gentlemen, this is not just your usual typical solid black. The contrast of the material mixture creates a beautiful blend. It accentuated her waist and gave her a gorgeous pear shape look. I also love how the dress is both hard and soft at the same time. Bonang Matheba looked like a princess with edge!



I am not too crazy about the gold color but I absolutely love the design of this ensemble worn by Minnie Dlamini. I like how it flows to the floor, giving off a very sexy, feminine look and yet the hard embroidered top gives it some edge. The slit...the toned legs...my God!!! (I think I'm having heart pulpatations). This Zulu lady looked like an Egyptian goodness last night.



When Maps Maponyane shows up, he shows dapper. And this time around, he certainly did not disappoint. He looked hot, he looked sexy and he looked stylish. By now you all should know how I am not so crazy about the traditional black on the red carpet for men, and this grey just looked amazing on Maps. I wish he had on different shoes in swede or matte, but otherwise, he looked like a perfect gentleman.




My last favorite look has to be by Thando Thabethe. Her mermaid ensemble was beautiful and classic. I love the contrast of the blue and black. I am not too sure about peplum in this day and age (it has definitely worn out of my system), but she looked great. I also like the hard embroidery on the top but I wish the shoulder pads were more fitted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment