Monday 11 April 2016

RED CARPET: The 2016 MTV Movie Awards Best Dressed

The 2016 MTV Movie Awards were held on April 9, 2016 at Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, Carlifonia. As usual, because I like things and fashion being at the top of the list, I was here watching out for those red carpet looks like a hawk. I must say though that the MTV Movie Awards do not really put up the most extravagant red carpet displays like we usually see earlier in the year during award season. Most of the stars just turn up looking rather too casual; like there isn’t much pressure to go all out for the cameras. However, there are those few that will serve total slayage and stand out far from the rest. Those right there are my people that I live for and they make up my best dressed list! (You will also notice how most of the looks on the list consist of black shades. Not much color was present on the MTV red carpet 😞)




First up is Kendal Jenner in this amazing black number and lace-up shoes. This outfit screams sexy yet sophisticated all at the same time. I totally love how it shows off so much skin but in the most tasteful and subtle way possible. It is youthful but still conservative. The way the laces are tied up on the legs sort of remind me of barbed wire, giving the look a very artistic touch. Absolutely amazing and red carpet appropriate! 



I love love love this look. I’ve always been a bit of a sucker for jumpsuits and if it makes you look like a super heroine star like this Cara Delevigne ensemble, my whole soul is sold! I love how it fits on her body and the cut out detail is really my favorite feature. The metallic zip creates a beautiful contrast while the long sleeves balances the show of skin created by the cut outs very nicely. This look just makes my heart to faint a little at the sight of the awesomeness that it is. 



Katie Stevens looked like a million bucks in this cute glittery sequin dress. No, really guys, this look just has a very expensive taste to it and she kind of reminds me of these trust fund kids born into “Housewives of what what” families. The cute bun makes her look like a pretty doll and the shoes are even prettier. I love how the dress is two toned with the bottom part linking to the white shoes and the top part going for a darker shade closer to her hair color. Now this is how you step onto the red carpet.



Chrissie serving some fit leg slayage like it ain’t no issue! And really, it wasn’t at all!! Quite a simple black dress until you see those toned leg and arms popping out of it as well as the low drop neck giving the look a bit of some sexy. I appreciate the fact that she went for a sandal stiletto and the gold detail on it matched her clutch; adding a bit of shine to the dark shade of her dress. Her long tresses also go with the flow of her floor length dress. An ensemble that fits together all just perfectly.



This is one of the best monochrome looks I have seen. I really love the skirt. I love the detailing on it and yes, I love the midi length it has as well. It totally elongates her legs because it goes high waist and still shows a bit of leg by stopping just mid-way. The nude sandals are so basic yet so amazing; and I find it so great that she went with a solid simple top. Those toned arms!!! And the sleek hair showing off her beautiful jaws, slay on Nagis Farkhri, slay!!!



Talk about aging so gracefully! I haven’t seen Halle Berry rocking the red carpet in a while and when she does, she does it with a reminder of why she is one of the best. Looking at this dress, she could have easily opted for a cropped top and pencil skirt, but I am so happy that she didn’t. The lace detail gives off a sense of sophistication for the whole look but still says, “I am trendy and edgy”. I wish she had gone slick with the hair though.




I really couldn’t tell you why I love this dress. Maybe it is because of the potential it has more than the way it actually looks right now; and I am a huge sucker for lace, which you probably know by now. The top is really just so amazing, though the dress would have looked even nicer if the bottom was shorter or more fitted. The low drop neck is a fantastic touch to the look and I absolutely adore those shoes. Charlize Theron is aware that she in not getting any younger and we totally appreciate how she is welcoming age with such style.

No comments:

Post a Comment